Upcoming WAPOR Webinar: Advances in Comparative Survey Methods
Advances in Comparative Survey Methods
Tuesday, September 15, 2020
9:00 AM - 10:30 AM EDT
Presented by Anna Andreenkova, Tom W. Smith,
Irina Tomescu-Dubrow, and Ting Yan
The development of Multinational, Multiregional, and Multicultural (3MC) survey research methodology continues to expand worldwide as a field of inquiry. WAPOR will be offering a new webinar that explores several areas of active 3MC methods research that includes presentations from four distinguished investigators who contributed chapters to the recently published book “Advances in Comparative Survey Methods” (Wiley, 2019).
Topics to be Covered:
- Improving 3MC Comparability Using the Total Survey Error Paradigm
- How to Choose Interview Language in Different Countries
- Examining Translation and Respondent’s Use of Response Scales in 3MC surveys
- Data Harmonization, Documentation, and Dissemination
About the Presenters:
- Anna Andreenkova (Russia) is Professor of Sociology and Deputy Director of the Institute for Comparative Social Research (CESSI) in Moscow. She also now serves as WAPOR National Representative for Russia.
- Tom W. Smith (U.S.) directed the General Social Survey at NORC at the University of Chicago from 1974-2020 and was WAPOR President from 2011-12. He also now serves as WAPOR National Representative for the United States.
- Irina Tomescu-Dubrow (Poland) is Professor of the Institute of Philosophy and Sociology in the Polish Academy of Sciences (PAN) in Warsaw, and program manager of CONSIRT of the Ohio State University and PAN. She also now serves as WAPOR National Representative for Poland.
- Ting Yan (U.S.) is Associate Director with Westat, Inc. in Rockville, Maryland and Research Assistant Professor with the Joint Program in Survey Methodology at the University of Maryland and Program in Survey Methodology at the University of Michigan. She also served as the co-Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Survey Statistics and Methodology from 2016-2020.
Tim Johnson, vice president/president-elect of WAPOR, will moderate the webinar.
WAPOR is pleased to offer this webinar free of charge.
Read more about WAPOR's education initiatives here.